Friday, July 25, 2008

Paradise by Toni Morrison

I have been trying to decide how to describe this book.  It was a tough read.  I think I started this book back in April and it does not usually take me that long to finish one book.  The book begins and ends in the same place.  Morrison does a great job thoroughly confusing you all of the way through the book and then ties up most of the loose ends in the last chapter.  And I say most because she purposely leaves some facts out for you to imagine your own take on the story.  This is a book that deals with the idea of utopia and the fact that in the end, utopia always gets shattered by the people who want it most.  I do recommend this book to anyone who wants to be challenged by a book.  Not your ideals or thoughts, just your reading comprehension ability!

No comments: