Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Harrison - Remembered Tales *UPDATED*

1.  Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-BATMAN!  When Harrison was around 7 or 8 months he used to crack up every time I would sing the Batman song.  His giggle was so infectious.

2.  Harrison and Chris are in the shower and Harrison asks what 'this' is.  Chris explains that it is mama's foot file that she uses to rub her feet.  Harrison says 'Oh, a foot file, I get it.'  I get it?  What 3 year old says 'I get it'?!!!

3.  "We don't say stupid."  Harrison would tell everyone this if they said the word stupid (he still does sometimes).  When Harrison was 2 he and a friend were calling things stupid and their teacher, Delila told them to stop and Harrison said "Stupid, Delila."  We were never sure if he knew what he was saying but it didn't matter.  He got a lecture and it stuck!

4.  We went out to dinner at El Rodeo to tell my parents and my brother and his wife that we were pregnant with our second child.  We had practiced with Harrison by asking him where the baby was.  We assumed that everyone would think that he was talking about Meredith since she had recently shared her pregnancy news so we taught him to point at my belly.  When we asked him where the baby was he lifted my shirt so high that I flashed everyone at the table!

5.  When Bennett was 2 or 3 weeks old you decided he needed a taste of chocolate.  I didn't see it happen and it took awhile for me to piece it all together, but I did.  Bennett was in the cradle and I went over to check on him and he had this black stuff coming up with his spit up.  I was fairly concerned, but upon some further observation, he seemed to be fine.  I don't know what made me ask you, but I finally did.  You said "I gave him a taste of my chocolate.  He liked it."  And off you went with a smile.

I will come back to this page as I know that I will think of or be reminded of more!

No comments: