Thursday, July 3, 2008

More money would make me happy

Money doesn't make us happy, correct?  Well, can you all call and tell me that because currently, I don't believe it!  I just read my cousin Tome's blog and found out David Sedaris is coming to Des Moines.  I would love go see him.  I have read his books and listened to some of his essays.  He is hysterical.  So then I decided to look at the rest of the Civic Center's lineup and it is fantastic this coming season.  I am so going to Wicked and I really want to see Spamalot since I missed that last time and Rain since I missed that last time and Triple Espresso is coming back and Hairspray and Mamma Mia and The Color Purple and then The Velveteen Rabbit and The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley for Harrison!  How can I possibly afford to go to all of these great works?!  I need to find another job.  :(  Thank you for listening to my pitty party.  I feel better now!

1 comment:

Amy said...

David Sedaris is worth being broke to go see in my opinion. He just released a new book and I'm contemplating having Wally and I not eat for a day or two so I can buy it now and not wait. Hope you get to see him.