Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oops

I have a confession to make.  Sometimes I swear.  Not a lot and not anything totally vile, but the occasional swear word finds it's way into my vocabulary.  You know where this is going.  Today while playing Cariboo, Harrison stuck his key in lock to open the door and he said "Nope, no ball.  Damn It!"  I gave him my best, most serious mom stare and he said "Sorry, sorry..."  And then he corrected himself and said "Maann."  I gave a quick "That was inappropriate" and we went on playing the game.  But later I got a good chuckle out of the whole thing.  He is growing leaps and bounds.  He knew he was in trouble for saying something wrong and he dealt with it in the most perfect way.  He didn't get angry or mad or sad that he did something wrong, he just corrected it.  Way to go, Harrison.

Now, for all of you judging the way that I handled that - I don't care if there was a better way.  :)

No comments: