Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Links

We went and visited a preschool today.  I really like it.  It is at a Presbyterian church and is TWR, 12:30 - 3:00 starting after Labor Day.    Nap concerns me.  The space looks great.  The room is large and open.  The playground is a little small, but they have 2 other options as well; a gym type area that is huge compared to spaces I am used to and a full sized basketball gym that they can run around in.  There are only 2 spots left so we are thinking about enrolling him.  We were originally going to wait until January, but I am getting worried that there will not be any openings.  And it would be nice for him to be in the same class all year long.  He is in dire need of new friends.  I can tell that is what he misses the most from Uncle Sam's.  And I miss that too.  I miss him playing with friends.  Being involved.  I love staying home with my boys, but I loved childcare as well.  There are sooo many benefits and socialization is just one.  I can't say enough about how much I loved Uncle Sam's.  The teachers were so good at making sure that the children were learning their 'academics' within  their normal play.  Chris and I both loved it.  If we do end up going here I hope that it is just as good or better.

Harrison is continuing on his quest to be just like Bennett.  It is almost to the point that we can't take it.  We are dutifully trying to let it run it's course, but it is a challenge.  Bennett just keeps getting cuter and that is a challenge as well.  We are trying extra hard not to laugh or smile too much at Bennett while trying harder to laugh and smile at Harrison as a means to help Harrison get over his jealousy.  Thank goodness it is a loving jealousy and not the other way around.  I really don't think I could handle that!

Chris is at work and the boys are in bed.  I guess I will find a good book and settle in for the night.  I really want to read Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire but haven't been able to find it for a price I am happy to pay.  I have some short stories I have been wanting to read, but I also have a Stephen Ambrose book D-day that I have been wanting to start.  Oh the choices.  Maybe I should finish Paradise by Toni Morrison or Can I Keep My Jersey by Paul Shirley.  Can one be reading too many books at once? :)

Warning - potty story alert.  Today, Harrison went into the bathroom while Gma was in the shower.  He sat down on the potty to begin his business.  He was done rather quickly and Gma said 'Are you done already?'  Harrison replied, 'Yep - I only had to go one link.'  Where does he get this stuff?!! 

No comments: