Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Thankfulness season

When asked if my cup is half-full or half empty, my only response is that I am thankful that I have a cup. ~ Anonymous

It's my favorite time of year again. Thanksgiving. It just warms my heart. As a history major/historian/educated person I understand that the true story of the original Thanksgiving is much more complex than what we celebrate today. And while I teach and share that with my children so that they continue to know the histories and truths we as a society sometimes gloss over, I also teach them that traditions are important and taking time to be thankful and grateful for what we have is important.

Today I am thankful for Harrison. We spent the evening shopping for new clothes and shoes. He has an honor band concert coming up and his first Mock Trial competition and he has grown 2 or 3 inches since he last wore pants! I know that I am biased but Harrison is the most wonderful combination of kind, funny, considerate and sarcastic. He is a joy to be around and makes me laugh like I am a teenager again.

Chris is thankful that it was just a tiny bit warmer today.

Harrison is thankful for a great Mock Trial practice. I have my cross-examination all done, my closing is awesome and I'm ready for any question they ask me as a witness. I've got this!

Bennett is thankful for take-out. Because we NEVER get it and I really love take-out.

Emma is thankful for her Ariel doll from her birthday cake. I love it because it's Ariel.

Rocky is thankful for Halloween. Because it makes me happy.

Evelyn is thankful for blankets she can put over her head and wear like a cape.

No comments: