Saturday, November 4, 2017

November 4

This is a wonderful day. I've never seen it before. ~ Maya Angelou

It's game day! I personally struggle with my football fandom. I grew up in a football loving family who watched Monday night football and celebrated BIG when the Bears won the Super Bowl in '85. And I mean big. We learned the Super Bowl Shuffle, wore Jim McMahon headbands and got to stay up for the whole game - on a school night! Walter Payton was and is still is one of my idols. I love football. But then there is science. And CTE. And violence perpetrated by men. And the fact that the NFL is a not for profit company. What kind of messed up s*#^ is that?? But yet, I still get dressed on Saturday and Sunday mornings with my favorite teams in mind. And right now, my absolute favorite team is the #15 in the nation Iowa State Cyclones.  🏈❤️ 💛❤️💛🏈 #bestkempfsecret

Update ~ they lost 16 - 20 to West Virginia. Ugh.


Today I am thankful for my friends. I have gotten to see almost all of them in the last week and it has been a bright spot in my year. While thinking back on my relationships, I realize that the work that I have put in to finding and keeping my friends is so worth it. There are thousands of books and articles written on the values, benefits and joys of friendships. Obviously they are all spot on. P.S. Bad Girls Christmas is hilarious - even more so with friends.

Christopher is thankful The Ohio State (didn't) came to town. Iowa 55 Ohio State 24

Harrison is thankful that we can park two cars in the garage. Me ~ that's what you are thankful for?!?! H ~ Yeah! It's a good thing!

Bennett is thankful for the series The Flash on Netflix. We finished season 1 and it is really good.


No comments: