Saturday, January 10, 2009

So don't do it

Did you ever tell your parents "When I do this, it hurts."  And then they respond with the wise advice of "Well, then don't do that."  I knew my life would come to that some day.

It snowed last night.  And snowed and snowed.  We were supposed to get less than 2 inches of snow and ended up getting over 5.  A bit of a difference.  Christopher was very excited about the whole weather issue.  He bought a snow blower (that was made in 1978) off of Craigslist and just couldn't wait to use it.  That thing is a beast.  Anyway, the boys wanted to go out and watch him and play in the snow.  So on goes the layers of clothing and boots and outside they head.

They were out there for awhile when I decided to go investigate and see how things were going.  When I got out there, Bennett had one glove off and was crying.  He said 'col-col.'  His fingers were cold.  I put his glove back on and turned around to see Harrison and Chris.  Bennett started crying again and I turned around to see his glove off (you saw that coming, didn't you?) and his hand covered in snow.  I explained that he needed to keep his glove on.  I replaced the glove and started back to the house.  Again, more crying.  This time I went over, bent down and said, "Keep your glove or you are coming in the house."  He listened for about 5 minutes and then it was inside to make hot chocolate.  Silly boy! 

No comments: