Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oh My Coldness

It is 17 below zero today in Des Moines and it feels like 37 below with the windchill.  In Clinton, it is the coldest in the state at 25 below zero.  Des Moines Public Schools cancelled classes.  This is the first time they have done this since I have been in Des Moines and the coldest it has been in Des Moines in over 12 years.

Harrison has asked me if he can go back each day since we have shoveled.  I have said no, it is too cold and then he fires back 'But it is sunny out!'  Today was the same thing.  "Can I go outside?"  Mind you, it wasn't even 7:30 am when he asked me this.  He absolutely loves the snow!  I again told him no and then promised to take him sledding on Saturday when the temps were higher.  He hesitated, knowing that sledding was a good offer, but he just couldn't accept it.  "But Mom, it's sunny outside!  I want to go sledding today!"

I realize that parents have been asking this question for hundreds of years, but honestly, why can't children just trust their parents?!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments: