Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cartwheels and Somersaults

For whatever reason Chris asked me if I could do a cartwheel.  Of course I can't!!!  What is he thinking.  But I tried anyway.  This led to much comic relief for our family in the next 30 minutes.  The first thing that happened was that I practically fell down.  The second thing that happened was that Chris almost got slapped for laughing so hard.  The next thing that happened led us all into a fit of laughter.  Bennett tried to do a cartwheel.  And of course because Chris, Harrison and I laughed at him he tried to do another and another and another each time the laughter getting louder (and me close to tears).  Now, these 'Bennett cartwheels.'  I don't know exactly how to describe them to you.  Imagine standing straight up and then dramatically leaning  your head to the side, holding it there for 2 seconds and then falling down.  It was just hysterical.  
With the gymnastics theme going, Harrison declared that he could do a somersault.  We asked him to show us and what came was no somersault.  It was more of a flop to the side of your body...thing.  So after some coaching, he can now do a semi-decent somersault.  We are a little worried about his neck as he seems to be doing a lot of resting of his entire weight on his neck while he waits to push over to his back.  So a little more practice will have to be done with that!

No comments: