Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's Day

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~ Marcus Aurelius

Today and all days I am thankful for veterans.  I can not tell you how many men and women I know who have supported our country by joining the military.  They are heroes in our country and should be treated as such.  In my heart, I believe in peace.  In my head, I understand the need for a  country to protect itself.  Thank you for your service to our country, especially my grandfather, Robert DeBolt, World War II veteran my one of my heroes.

Christopher: I am thankful that my beard keeps Eleanor happy.

Harrison: I am thankful for the Hawkeye basketball season game tonight.  I got to watch til half time and they seem to be doing better than the football players.

Bennett: I am thankful for my winter coat and scarf and hat and gloves.  It is cold outside!!

Miles:  I am thankful I get to go to school today.

Annabelle: I am thankful for my dad.  I love him.  He's so funny.

Rocco is thankful for toast.  The boy likes to eat!

Eleanor is thankful for anyone who will hold her.  I get the feeling she was held a lot this weekend in Davenport!  :)

One year ago

No comments: