Tuesday, November 6, 2012

VOTE!

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. ~ Cythia Ozick


I am thankful for the right to vote.  I am proud to have attended Iowa State University, the college of women's voter activist Carrie Chapman Catt and I am proud that the education of my parents and the education of my school helped to develop me into the educated, independent, informed voter I am today.  Men and women have long strived for the right and privilege to vote and I did so today in their honor.  Thank you.

Christopher: I am thankful it took two minutes to vote today.

Harrison: I am thankful and excited for my first indoor soccer game tonight.

Bennett: I am thankful I got to vote with Mom today.  I wish she would have filled out ALL of the ovals.  (I predict great Iowa Tests of Basic Skills for him!)

Miles: I am thankful that my dad picks me up after lunch and takes me to school.  I just like him. :)

Annabelle: I am thankful for my shoes.  I love them.  (The girl loves shoes!)

Rocco is thankful for toys, i.e. ~ the ottoman, the dining room chairs, the tv stand, random shoes lying around.  Toys.

Eleanor is thankful for the exer~saucer.  She loves that thing!



One year ago


No comments: