Wednesday, November 14, 2012

11/14/12

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~ Buddha ( Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)

I am thankful for my grandparents.  For most of my life I had taken for granted that people had grandparents in their lives.  I had five great-grandparents until I was 8 and all four of my grandparents until we lost my Grandpa Wilcke in April of 2011.  My extended family has always been around me and hopefully always will.  My grandparents have had a huge impact on my life, from Lucky Charms at Great Grandma and Grandpa Mohr's house to never being able to have a horse because Grandpa Wilcke didn't like them!  Great Grandma Wilcke was a devoted Cubs fan and Grandpa DeBolt was a devoted fan of a chair in the small farm house kitchen where he could watch over my Grandma DeBolt busy-boding herself in the kitchen.  Their love and support has never waivered and I will always be thankful and grateful to have them in my life.

Christopher: I am thankful for soap and those who decide to use it.

Harrison: I am thankful for electronics.

Bennett: I am thankful for sunshine; it makes my cheeks warm.

Miles: I am thankful for playing on the playground.

Annabelle:  I am thankful for my soft leggings and my new boots just like Mommy's.

Rocco is thankful for happiness.  He is such a happy, happy baby.  Today I just couldn't get over how big his smile was!

Eleanor is thankful she can roll over.

One year ago

No comments: