Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty must undergo the fatigues of supporting it. ~ Thomas Paine

I am thankful for numbers. Every little thing makes life more interesting. Today is also a doubly thankful day as we celebrate the actions of those who have stood proud to keep our country free and to help others attain those same freedoms. Freedom comes at a price and that is sometimes easily overlooked, but I never overlook the fact that freedom and control are two very separate ideals.

Annabelle - I am thankful for pretty bracelets.

Miles - I am thankful for toy dinosaurs. Real dinosaurs are scary.

Bennett - I am thankful for flowers. They look pretty on your shirt.

Harrison - I am thankful for my principal, Mr. Johnson for reading a book to us called Corduroy.

Christopher - I am thankful for 60 degree weather for the last Iowa home game.

No comments: