Monday, June 8, 2009

Kiss It?

We were at the ICubs game on Saturday night.  Nathan got online and found some pretty awesome seats - front row down the first base line.  At one point, James must have scraped his knuckle on the cement wall in front of us.  He complained a little bit and showed it to me.  A little red, but no worse for wear.  I asked him if he would like me to kiss it.  He said yes.  As I was pulling his hand towards me to kiss it, my wonderful son Harrison says "My butt hurts.  Will you kiss it?"  This devious smile on his face said it all!  I was horrified.  The couple next to us was trying not to laugh and I don't think that my family around me was trying at all.  They were just laughing.  Chris called Harrison over (he was scared he was in trouble - I had given him a very serious look) and Harrison explained - in detail - how he had seen a little girl say that to her dad on America's Funniest Videos.  He went on to say it was just a joke and he was still concerned and confused as to why mom didn't think it was funny.  

No comments: