Saturday, November 1, 2008

Get Your Ya-Ya's Out

Bennett continues to be a man of few words.  He has his standard Dada and duck and that is what he wants to stick with right now.  He did teach Will to say all done and/or all gone.  Will was already kind of saying these things but he took on Bennett's version of ga gon or ga don (the 'n' sound is usually not heard very well).  There is a difference but it is subtle and mostly it just comes out ga gon.  Will taught Bennett the sign for more so we have that communication A LOT!

I was so looking forward to when he would run to me saying Mama, Mama just like he does to his dad when Chris gets home from work.  Well, I am still looking forward to it.  He doesn't run to me when I get home from whatever errand I have just run and more importantly, when he does want me for something, he pats me on the leg and calls me Ya-Ya.  We are still working out why this is.  I can't recall that Chris calls me 'Hey, you' (which is what it sometimes sounds like) or that we have a copy of Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood laying around that he could read so your guess is as good as mine at the moment.

Bennett just isn't a linguist like his brother.  Some would say that Harrison is too busy speaking for Bennett but I can't think that is the case in this instance.  If Bennett is tired of Harrison talking he just screams at the top of his lungs.  It makes for a very noisy dinner time.

No comments: