Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pretty Fly for a White Guy

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago and my in-laws, Greg and Pam came up to Des Moines to take us out to dinner (among other things like bringing me my new hutch!).  We went to the Latin King over on the east side.  I had never been to the Latin King, but I had always wanted to.  My dad had talked it up ever since he had eaten there back in his days on the school board.  I had also heard fabulous things from locals.  We were not disappointed.  The ambiance was great, the service was great and the meal was to die for!  I had the Filet Marsala and it was excellent.  I had never had a beef marsala dish before so I was looking forward to it.  Typically marsala dishes are chicken.  This marsala also turned out to be tomato based which was unusual but wonderful.  I ate almost all of it.  And I might have eaten it all if Pam hadn't kept giving me bites of her Steak Duburgo.  And boy was that wonderful!  Both her and Chris had that and Greg had the Stuffed Pork Chop that he said was awesome.  And can you believe that both my children acted like little gentlemen?!  Usually Bennett is a nightmare at restaurants.  There were a couple of times when I thought he might lose it but we always found ways to keep him happy.  Thank goodness!

Oh and dessert... Tira-Mi-Su!!!!!!!!!  Mmmmmmmm  

No comments: