Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It comes in 3's

My Uncle Bob died last week.  He had suffered from diabetes most of his adult life and had exposure to Agent Orange while in Vietnam during the war.  Uncle Bob was an interesting man.  He was always smiling and laughing when we were around and his characteristic pony tail always made my grandma want to run and get the scissors.  His diabetes made him very sick and even more so since he was not good at regulating his food intake.  Both my mom and my Aunt Karen made trips to Vancouver, WA to help Uncle Bob and I do believe they helped.  Uncle Bob passed away in his sleep, in his bed, under a warm blanket.  I can't think of a better way to go.

Miles has salmonella.  I won't go into huge details about this but he was hospitalized over night on Friday and they think is worst day was Thursday.  Horrible stomach cramps and VERY tired.  They don't know where he got salmonella but if I had anything to do with it I will be mortified.  Watching a 9 month old grab at their stomach and then cry is heart-wrenching and nothing that I want to go through again.  And I am only the baby-sitter!  Regardless, Miles is feeling much better but may have symptoms for up to a month.   

My grandfather is in the hospital recovering from surgery that repaired scar tissue build up in his upper intestine.  This was from radiation treatment for prostate cancer about 5 years ago.  Very strange how something that was diagnosed, treated and recovered from can come back  to haunt you.  He is in a lot of pain and will be in the hospital for almost a week.  My mom went up to Charles City last night to be there when he got out of surgery.  We are all hoping for a speedy recovery.

So - it comes in 3's.  What that means for everyone around me is that you are now in the clear.  I am done with illness and drama for a little while.  I am going back to boring news like PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!!!!

No comments: