Friday, November 14, 2008

Echo

You know when you have kids and you think everything they do is just the cutest?  And then they do it again and again and again and you totally forgot how cute it was because now you could just pull your hair out if they do it one more time...

Will stayed home today.  He is feeling a little under the weather.  So when I took Harrison to school today I decided we could walk him in since it was just the 4 of us.  It is amazing how much easier it is with 3 kids vs 4.  Anyway, when you take Harrison to preschool, you have to walk through this big open entry way to get to the hallway that takes you to his classroom.  EVERY time that we go in to the entry way, Bennett produces these high pitched, short screams.  He loves the way they echo.  I remember the first time he learned about echos and I thought how cool that was that he was learning that.  Silly me.  He soon had Will doing it every time we went in and they would even linger to do it more.  Some days I would end up picking Will up and then dragging Bennett out of the entry way.  Have I mentioned that this is a church?

Sure enough, when we walked through the doors this morning (we hadn't taken Harrison into school for 3 weeks now) Bennett remembered exactly what he liked to do.  I just rolled my eyes and kept walking hoping that Bennett would too.  I turned around to see where he was and he made the scream noise again 3 times.  Much to my surprise, Miles piped up 3 perfect high pitched screams just like Bennett.  I looked at him and then at Bennett and they were looking at each other smiling.  I couldn't help but laugh.  It was way too cute the way Miles mimicked Bennett.  Bennett screamed one more time, this time much louder and longer (he now had a new trainee he was concerned about!) and I quickly grabbed his hand and off we went.  

The cuteness only lasted a couple of seconds but I think it was enough to get me through the rest of the hair pulling experiences!

No comments: