Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Turn off the TV

So, I was sitting in the office, minding my own business when Harrison walks in.  Now, I should preface all of this with the fact that it was quiet time.  Everyone was sleeping.  So, when Harrison walked in I was a little startled.  He doesn't usually sleep, but he usually stays in  his room more than 10 minutes.

Anyway, Harrison looks at me and says:

"Mom, this girl on TV just lied!  And she was a grown up!  It's not ok to lie."

I am speechless.  Not only is he up, but he is watching Days of our Lives.  Next he says:

"Mom, why do you have to go to the doctor when you are going to have a baby?"

"Why do you ask?"  I say.

"Well, the girl on TV is at the doctor and she is going to have a baby.  And damn-it, the dad is not there!  Whoever that is!"

It might be time to get him implanted with that microchip now.

1 comment:

jenvan said...

Oh wow! What a great teaching moment for a preschooler -- ha ha! You didn't get into family structures with him?? Let's talk about why the daddy wasn't there.... Nevermind the swearing, of course. Ah, Days of Our Lives, what a great tool for learning. Yikes!