Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Not My Boys

Caden and Miles stole my hearts today.  Here are a couple of stories about the cuties!

As lunch was wrapping up today, I said my usual 'We'll play trucks for 5 minutes, read a book and then it's nap-time' speil and Caden got a thoughtful look on his face.

"Beth?"

"Yes, Caden."

"Um.  At my house, when the moon is out, we take a nap."

"Oh yeah."

"Well, since the moon isn't out yet today, it's not really nap-time."

Clever little guy, isn't he?!?!  "Well Caden, that is when you take your night time nap.  When you to sleep at night.  This is your day time nap."

"Oh."  And the poor guy had a bit of a dejected look on his face!  He thought he could pull one over on old Beth!

Miles woke up from his nap in a great mood today.  And this is not usual.  For whatever reason he is a bit of a crab when he gets up from his nap.  Regardless, today Annabelle and I went in to get him out of bed and he was all to happy to stay in bed!  So Annabelle and I sat on the side of my bed while Miles showed off in his pack and play.  I put Annabelle over the side of the crib and I said "Wanna hug Annabelle?"  This is usually a sure yes!  He loves her!  But this time he turned away and dropped to his belly laughing.  This got me laughing which in turn got him showing off more by throwing himself around the pack and play.  I thought for sure he was going to bang his head on the wall!  We went through this same scenario 3 more times.  He was laughing so hard and I was just looking at him thinking 'Oh, he's changing!  He's growing up and acting like a big boy!  STOP!'  So fun!

No comments: