Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hmmm...smelly

So I was putting Harrison to bed for his quiet time this afternoon.  As we were walking into the bedroom he asked me to lay with him and I had told him no.  I put him in bed and laid down to snuggle next to him.  I told him I was going to go take a shower now and I gave him a big hug and just looked at him.  Soon he said "Mom, I want you to go."  Oh - he has not said this to me in a long time.  Usually there is a bit of a struggle at bedtime.  While Bennett is the best sleeper I have ever met, Harrison is on the opposite spectrum.  I asked him when he wanted me to come back and check on him (this is a little routine that we have).  He said - and I am not making this up - "When you get rid of that breath.  What does it smell like?  I don't like it."  When does honesty not become always the best policy?

1 comment:

Tome said...

That is too funny. You can always count on a 3-year-old to be blunt, at least!