Saturday, November 10, 2018

Welcome to the weekend

Each day I am thankful for nights that turn into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality, and likes that turned into love.

Today brought the last day of birthday celebrations for me. Claudia and Annabelle picked me up around 9:00 and we went and got coffee and then got our nails done. It was a great birthday present! I really can't be more thankful to have them in my life. It was a relaxing morning and it made me wish we could do it every Saturday morning!

Bennett is thankful for Get Air. He is planning to spend the night at Sam's this evening with Cam and Fritz, but the boys just couldn't wait to start the fun. Harrison is a fan of Get Air as well and so we loaded into the car and headed out. We met Fritz, Cam, Sam, Veda, Maggie, & Frances at the trampoline park and they jumped for an hour and a half. I left (Fritz's dad, Nate stayed) and did a little birthday shopping for Harrison so it turned out to be a successful afternoon for me too!

Harrison got asked to babysit for the Lorentzen's again and he very excited to do so. He loves those kids and because of the way I have taken care of them all their lives, it seems like they are even closer than cousins. He is very thankful that he is old enough to be able to babysit them on his own. And I know Claudia and Andy are thankful for him!

Because both of our kids we out of the house, Chris and I decided to do a last minute dinner date. We had a Louie's Wine Dive gift certificate that we have been wanting to use. I have been there lots of times with friends but Chris had never been so he's thankful to have checked that off his list. We had a nice time and the food was great. Chris thought our dinner portions were a little small (I had short ribs and he had chicken and dumplings) but it wasn't that big of a deal until the waitress brought me my dessert. The dessert was massive and actually made us laugh out loud. It was absolutely delicious and we could not get it all eaten.
White Chocolate Bread Pudding 😋


No comments: