Friday, November 9, 2018

TGIF

We must find the time to stop and thank the the people who make a difference in our lives. ~ John F. Kennedy


I am continually grateful for those who work on elections. And currently, the top of that list includes the officials and volunteers that are working in Florida, Georgia and Arizona. Of course I want the final counts to be in the democrats favor (Stacey Abrams is a badass, Andrew Gilliam is amazing and Rick Scott needs to fall off the radar...) but I also truly believe that in races that are this close, they should do everything they can to get it right. And after weeks of attack ads, constant news coverage and assaults on my mailbox I just want this to be over. But there are really good people out there still working to make the system work and I am thankful. I aspire to be able to volunteer my time someday if needed.

Harrison is in a Language Arts class this year that has assigned some really tough and great books. They are currently reading and analyzing Fahrenheit 451. He loves it and has taken notice that he really enjoys the dystopian novel genre. He has 6 or 7 of them on his birthday/Christmas list! While discussing the book this morning, he said he was very thankful that we live in a world with books because it is weird and scary to read about a place that not only doesn't place value on books but also seeks to destroy them.

Bennett is thankful to have been able to go hang out at another friends house this afternoon/evening. He even ended up staying late and having pizza for dinner. I am thankful he has such a great group to surround himself with.

Christopher is thankful that it is Friday, Let's get this weekend started - first order of business - PIZZA!



No comments: