Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Wisconsin

I love hearing old songs I used to love. They're like memories you can always go back to.



I am thankful for Pandora music. I have several stations programed into the app and I stream them through my tv on Apple TV. One of my favorite stations is Throwback Dance Party. But tonight I was listening to The Beastie Boys Radio. I love listening to The Beastie Boys. I was never their biggest fan - I didn't love them nor hate them - just not always my thing. But, Kara adored and revered them. So it seems like we were always listening to them. And now, whenever I hear a particular song I am transported back in time to when my bestie and I were together, laughing and just being in the moment. The above quote could not be more true and more loved.

Harrison traveled to Plattville, Wisconsin (University of Wisconsin-Platteville) today for a math competition with 134 other students from around the metro. He seemed pretty excited, but the timing was a little bad. He had already missed most of Tuesday to go to honor band and now he missed the whole day today for this. Missing school isn't in the top 5 of Harrison's favorite activities. He gets a little stressed about being 'off schedule.' Regardless, he said that he had a good time but I could tell that he didn't have the experience he was hoping for. They had to take an individual test and he only got 1 out of 10. His friends all got 2, 3, or 4 correct. Harrison's personality is such that he doesn't have to be number one at everything, but coming in last is not an option he is fond of. I guess this can be said for most people, but he was pretty disappointed. At one point, dropping his accelerated math class was brought up. 😳 I know this is all part of his process, and honestly, it was and is part of mine, I just wish I was better at helping him through it. For the team competition, his group came out top of their bus. There was some redemption in that! And even though his trip wasn't as successful as he thought it would be he was still thankful for math. Thank goodness!

Christopher is thankful to get the last of the chili for his lunch. It's our 3rd pot of chili in the last 5 weeks or so. It's such a fall/winter staple and thankfully we all love it!

Bennett is thankful that he was able to step and help someone at school today. He said it was a small thing, but someone sitting next to him in art class needed a marker and had asked a friend to borrow one. The friend didn't act like much of a friend and Bennett offered his marker for the classmate to use. I am proud of Bennett. He has always been shy and especially when I am around. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see him in his 'natural environment!'


No comments: