Sunday, November 11, 2018

Lazy day

Gratitude is riches, complaint is poverty. ~ Doris Day


As mentioned on Friday, Bennett went to Sam's house after school. While there they made plans for a sleep over last night! Bennett is continually thankful for his friends (Sam, Cam, & Fritz) and he is particularly thankful that he got to go on a sleepover. They played hours of Fortnight, watched 3 of the 4 Hunger Games movies and made lots of memories. When Chris picked him up this morning he smelled like blueberry waffles! He's wishing he could do that every Saturday/Sunday!! I am thankful he took a 3 1/2 hour nap this afternoon. I'm sure fun was had, but he was crabby this afternoon. At one point he got mad at me because I said he couldn't arrange another hang out with his friends 2 hours after he had just spent the last 18 hours with them. He went to his room to pout and ended up falling asleep.

I spent a lot of my day today reading two of my book club books and I am thankful have the time to do that. I definitely could have cleaned the bathroom or organized the shelves downstairs, but some leisure time was needed and appreciated! I got the book (Less by Andrew Sean Greer) for ClitsNotes done and got a huge start on the one (The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin) for BonBons and Books. Because of a scheduling conflict last week I have both this week!

Continuing on the theme of a lazy Sunday, Harrison is thankful for the day off. He didn't have to meet with his study group today and this was the first Sunday he didn't have soccer. He spent the day doing some homework, playing some Xbox and generally just lazing around.

No comments: