Sunday, November 4, 2018

Sunday Funday

When a person doesn't have gratitude, something is missing from his or her humanity. ~ Elie Wiesel

Planning for this week has been a little more interesting than most. Harrison misses two consecutive days of school and one of those days takes him out of state. With the weather changing there is the added stress of having enough clothing without overburdening him with TOO MUCH STUFF! And Bennett misses a day of school as well. Busy tween/teens.

Bennett is thankful for breakfast at Smokey Row this morning. And frankly, he should be! HA! Harrison & I were getting ready to go to Smokey Row - him to do homework and me to plan for the week when Bennett said "I want to go too!" Now, this is understandable, but not really what we were planning for. Bennett didn't want to bring his book, he had no homework and was basically just there for the food. He has a long habit of wanting to tag along anywhere there is going to be food. (That's an insider tip on how to become his best friend.) He said he still wanted to go and that he would bicycle home. I wasn't super hip on this as it was cold and rainy. But he got all layer up and told me he would be fine and blah blah blah, I conceded. The one thing he forgot was gloves. Chris said when he got home, he couldn't even feel his hands. Lesson learned for him. And he also got a bubble bath out of the deal. Pampered babe. Breakfast out and a spa day. My kind of Sunday. I didn't get a picture of the spoiled one, but I did get a couple studious photos of the teenager. If I could just freeze time...

Saw me with the camera
Analysis of Fahrenheit 451

Harrison had his last soccer game of the season today. They lost 3 -1 to a very tough (and overly aggressive) Knoxville team but it was really fun to watch them play. This is the first year Harrison has played with this coach, Mark Hollister, but he has been playing with 5 of the guys for over 4 years (two of them for 6 years). He is thankful to be part of such a fun group.

Northwest U16
Bennett & I watched the game from the comfort of my warm van and I am very thankful for that. It was cloudy, 41 degrees and very windy. Chris sat out on the sidelines for the first half (40 minutes) and then came into the van to warm up. He never went back out!

Election Day for the midterms is coming up on Tuesday and Chris is thankful for the opportunity to vote (out the Republicans) and also for the constant ads to stop. They are non-stop this year. They always are, but when it comes down to crunch time and you have seen the adds over and over already, it really is enough to make you pull out your hair. It takes a lot of deep breathing and remembering to be thankful that we even have the opportunity to vote.



No comments: