Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday!

My baby turned 2 on April 20th!  When he is not in the room I can't imagine that it has been 2 years since I was pregnant and 2 years since I went through a delivery sooooo much easier than Harrison's!  Of course when he is in the room I feel like it was 20 years ago that he was born and isn't he in college yet?  Or at least out of my house!!!!!!
We had a party on the 18th, after Harrison' Bam-Bam game.  I love parties!  There were lots of guests at the party.  I need to figure out how to entertain more often.  It is so much fun but I never seem to talk to everyone.  That will be one of my goals this summer!

One of Bennett's favorite words is basketball so I made him basketball cupcakes.  Just ask him!  He also says basketball hoop but it comes out 'basketHOOP!'  Very funny.  The cupcakes were a big hit!  
He got way too many toys, but one of his favorites he got from Harrison.  A drum and some instruments.  That has been fun in the house!  We only get that out on occasion...
Bennett's birth story is maybe not as long as Harrison's and that is a lucky thing!  Bennett was overdue as well.  His due date was sometime in-between April 3rd (my timeline) and April 13th (doctor's timeline).  Having an April baby isn't really that big of a deal, I mean diamond is his birthstone!!!!  But their were a couple of days I wanted to avoid.  April 1st - being a fool wasn't something I really wanted to associate with my baby.  April 8th - Easter that year - I am not really into holiday babies - they always seem to get robbed of something.  April 13th - It was a Friday in 2007 and I am not really superstitious but I didn't really want to press my luck.  And April 20th - National Pot Smoker's Day.  Now some of you might not be familiar with this holiday and I would consider yourself lucky.  But my luck is just the opposite and even though I never celebrate the holiday I now have to spend the rest of my life hoping that my son never celebrates his birthday the way Willie Nelson celebrates every day.

So anyway, the doctor's set my induction date as April 20th at 7:00 am.  I wasn't happy but I was also overdue and as big as a whale.  In the back of my sick head I was hoping that this labor and delivery would take as long as Harrison's and maybe we could push on into April 21st.  No luck there.  I went into natural labor around 4:30 am so when we arrived at the hospital at 7:00 I was ahead of the game.  The day was pretty laid back.  Gpa Greg and Gma Pam, Gpa Gary and Gma Marilyn and Chris were there the whole day.  Much smaller crowd than the previous birth.  The real excitement came around delivery time.  I think it was around 3:00 pm and we knew that Bennett was going to be born in the next 2 hours.  Chris decided to go to Uncle Sam's and pick up Harrison so he could wait with Gpa's and Gma's and be there when Bennett was born.  He left and the nurse came in to check me and hold everything.  I was dilated to 10 and ready to go!  I quickly called Chris and luckily he had just made it to his car and was able to turn right around and head back upstairs.  The Gpa's were then dispatched to go get Harrison and Chris came back to help me!  And holy crow, luckily he did.  After 2 more contractions and not much pushing Bennett Wilcke Neipert was brought into this world at 3:42 pm.  He was 7 lbs 16 oz and 20 inches long.  And he was beautiful!  My entire emotion was being so thankful and relieved.  I was honestly scared of another labor and delivery like Harrison's and this one was just so different.  Everyone came in soon after Bennett was cleaned up.  Harrison didn't take to Bennett right away.  He never does anything very well when there are expectations put upon him.  And that was fine with me.  He sat with me for a little while and played on the floor and then it was time to go get dinner.  

Of course Bennett was an easy baby.  He slept all the time and ate like a champ.  I kept him in the room with me just like with Harrison and I got all the sleep I needed.  And I know that sounds like heaven to some of you out there, but let's remember the Bennett that we know and love today; non-stop running, talking, and trouble-making.  Happy Birthday, baby!

I am looking for some pictures of his birth.  I don't seem to have any uploaded on the computer and I don't know why.  Hmmmm... 

No comments: