Sunday, July 12, 2009

1, 2, 3, 5

Bennett and I were just sitting out on the porch this morning; me with my Sunday Register and coffee and Bennett with his 'Ucky Arms' (Lucky Charms for those of you not in the know!) and orange juice, when two squirrels jumped off the house and onto the tree.  This caused the branch to move and make some noise.  Bennett and I looked up and he exclaimed "Ooo - squirrel!  1, 2, 3!  Look, Mommy!"  Now there were only two squirrels but I am so proud of Bennett!  I think this is the first time he has ever counted anything independently without any prodding from me or without copying Harrison doing it.  He's getting so big!

On a side note, when Bennett does count he counts just like this "1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 2, 10!"  And it is like this almost every time.  The '1, 2, 3, 5' for sure but even the latter part is usually the same as well.  What a goof!

No comments: