Friday, September 16, 2011

I remember

I remember where I was 7 years ago. I remember it was a Friday. I remember it was an intersession day at school. I remember all of the kids were gone on a field trip. I remember I was at my desk. I remember Mike called me on my cell phone. I remember that it was just after 10:00 am. I remember he said that Jodi was with her. I remember feeling like I knew this was coming. I remember thinking that this can't possibly be true. I remember thinking I could go back on working. I remember realizing that wasn't true.

Sometimes I forget what it is like. Sometimes I forget that she is gone. I hear about someone losing a friend or someone close to them and think 'Oh, that must be so hard.' Then I remember. It is amazing how easy it is to forget that she is gone. It is probably because I remember so much about her. Her laugh was infectious and wonderful. Everyone around her would have to smile when she did. She loved music. Beastie's. Stone's. Beatles. So many... Spring Break. I will never let my kids go on Spring Break. Her hair. She had amazing hair! She loved to read. She didn't understand why people wasted time watching movies, but couldn't understand why I didn't love Beaches. On, and on, and on I remember...

On October 8th I will once again be walking in The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night. This year the Omaha, NE chapter of Light the Night has selected Kara to be the Memorial Honoree of the walk.

Please join with me in donating to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Cancer is a horrible disease and by making your donation today, you can make a difference. Team Klara is currently taking donations in our battle against blood cancers. To donate you may click here, call me (515-822-2660), email me (bneipert@gmail.com), or send money to my home address (3011 School St. Des Moines, IA 50311). Also, you may join our team!!! It is never to late to come join me in remembering all of the great times. T-shirts are available for $17.00. Just let me know if you are interested and I can get one ordered for you. Kara's biggest fear was that she would be forgotten. It amazes me that she would fear being forgotten. I might forget that she is gone, but really, I am just remembering when she was here.

Kara Marie Luett ~ February 13, 1978 - September 17, 2004
Unforgettable

No comments: