Friday, October 28, 2011

Sick Day

Bennett and I are home alone today. It's a sick day. It's a mommy/son bonding day. As in I am in bed watching movies and Bennett is on the couch playing iPad and watching movies. Lots of bonding.

I decided at one point that a bath would be good for me. I got Bennett set with some cartoons and headed into the bathroom. It was nice. Relaxing. Calm. Enter Bennett. "What are you doing, Mom?" Serious? Does he get this from his father? Nothing really to say so I will just ask the obvious question that I already know the answer to? Uggg... "I told you I was taking a bath, honey." (Boy I am nice. That is not what I would have said to his father.) "Oh." Bennett then smiles and giggles a bit. I am thinking this might be the time to institute some boundaries between 4 year old sons and naked 34 year old moms. But instead of commenting on my nudity he grabs his water bottle that he plays with in the bathtub and starts spraying me with ice cold water! He starts giggling more which causes me to shriek and giggle at the same time which in turn causes me to break out into an 'I can't breath' coughing fit and then Bennett's giggling and laughing cause him to break out into an equally bad coughing fit.

Needless to say, I ended up back in bed and he ended up back on the couch. Luckily I love him.

No comments: