Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My baby(ies)

The boys and I just walked Grays Lake.  We had along two boys that I am watching this week, Brogan and Declan.  They are 11 and 8.  We were having a nice walk, no complaining, no hurrying, just nice.  Harrison at one point was walking past me and I ruffled his hair like I do.  He shot away from me and gave me a dirty look.  I didn't think too much of it because he had been a little owly at me 30 min or so before because he got sand in his Keen's and I should have known that he wanted to wear his tennis shoes...  

Anyway, a little while later Bennett caught up to me and reached up to hold my hand.  It hit me how nice that was.  His little, tiny soft hand in my hand.  His confidence in me and his love for his mommy.  I don't know what made the moment so special, it just was.  While we walked hand in hand over the bridge, I watched Harrison up with his 'friends.'  Again, they were 11 and 8 and they were older.  Could it be possible that he didn't want me ruffling his hair because he was too old for that?!?!  NO!!!!  I am trying to keep that thought out of my mind, but all I can see is him up ahead of me looking and acting like a big boy.  Having a big boy laugh.  Enjoying big boy conversations.  At least I still had Bennett holding my hand.

And then, 5 minutes later Harrison tripped over his own two feet and needed his mommy to help him up.  All is well...

No comments: