Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lil' Gary

I love my dad.  He's a great dad.  And by all accounts a great person.  As with any person, he also has his faults.  One of his (many!) faults is being a literary jerk.  If you don't talk in perfect english he calls you on it.  "Dad, will you make me a sandwich?"  His response:  "You're a sandwich!"  "Dad, can you put my shoes on?"  His response:  "I don't think they will fit me."  It was a great childhood.

Friday, Bennett decided to take one of his looooong naps.  Brogan, the 11 year old that I am watching likes to play in the boys room with a knight set Harrison has.  He had it all set up that morning and wanted to go back and play with it.  Around 4:00pm he asked (again) if Bennett was up yet.  Harrison looked at him and said "Do you see Bennett?"  There was a lot of sarcastic emphasis on 'see.'  Brogan was a little confused and looked at Harrison and said "No."  Harrison said "Well, then he's not up!"  

My dad said Harrison sounded practical.  My brother, Nathan, decided Lil' Gary should be his new name.  And my mom said that if she would have been here she would have had to walk away!  Two Gary's are too many!!!

Love you, Dad!!!! :)

No comments: