Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Old MacDonald

Bennett and I went birthday shopping for Harrison last night.  One of the ways that I got him to go with me is by telling him I would take him out to eat.  This is a sure fire way to get either of my kids in the car.  When Harrison hears 'out to eat' he thinks 'TOY!'  When Bennett hears 'out to eat' he thinks 'FRIES!!!!'  So when I had the audacity to stop at not one, but TWO stores before I took him 'out to eat' he let me hear about it.  

From the back seat:  "MOM!!  I want chicken, fries and LEMONADE!!!"

He said this to me just as we were pulling into Target (which by the way, my super 2 year old can read!  He said "Look!  An 'S'!  We at Super Target!"  He's a genius. Or we spend too much time at Target.  I am voting genius!).  This particular Target had no food court so he was a little bummed.  But, once I told him we were going to the toy section he perked right up.  This is when I got the biggest hug and best kiss.  I didn't even have to ask!!!  

Shopping done, we were off to find food.  Ever since I was pregnant with Harrison I have not been able to stomach fast food very well.  Sometimes I can do the chicken options, but NEVER the hamburgers.  And I have tried!  One of my favorite things in college was a Big Mac.  Just writing it I am having a craving!  But, the impending stomach ache and general 'feeling like shit' keep me away.  

Now, Arby's isn't really fast food.  It's just plain good!  I didn't tell Bennett where we were going, I just told him we were here.  So standing in front of the cash register waiting to order he asks me "Are we at Old MacDonalds?"  The lady behind the counter snickered and I told Bennett that we were at Arby's.  "They have fries?" he asked so innocent and sweet.  "Yes, honey." I said with a smile while he danced in a circle.  

No comments: