Friday, December 4, 2009

Sleep

First I will tell you about Thing One and Thing Two.  They are inseparable.  They are dangerously funny.  They are better known as Bennett and Caden.

I can't begin to tell you all of the things that they do on a daily basis.  They read together, play cars together, potty together, get into trouble together and play sleep together.  Sleep is one of the cutest games I have ever seen.  AND, they made it up all on their own.  The gist is that they gather their belongings - blankets, pillows, boppys, etc - and get into Annabelle's pack-n-play.  One sleeps up in the changing table part and one sleeps down on the bed.  Since the pack-n-play is located at the end of Bennett's bed it is really easy for them to get into the pack-n-play.  They they get covered up, lights off and all cozy.  Sometimes they pretend to snore.  Then all of the sudden they wake up and come running to me for candy.  I pretend to pull candy out of my pocket and give it to them.  Then they repeat the cycle all over again.  Hysterical!  I really don't know where the candy thing came from but on a side note, Miles got the saddest look on his face the first time the other boys did this.  He asked for a piece of candy too and when I handed it to him he was the saddest toddler I had ever seen!

I was making lunch today and this was the conversation I heard over the monitor:

Caden:  "NO!  NO!  No, don't play with that BLANKET, Bennett!"

Bennett:  "Don't yell at me, please."

C:  "Oh.  O.K.  Please don't play with that blanket."

B:  "O.K.  I use this one?"  

C:  "Yeah!"

B:  "YEY!"

C:  "YEY!"

And then they went on playing their sleep game.  I love that they get along so well.  Now if only Harrison and Bennett would get along that well.

No comments: